top of page
  • chrisle7220

What types of injuries are covered under Texas Workers Compensation?

What types of injuries are covered under Texas Workers Comp?

Under the Texas workers' compensation system, various types of work-related injuries and illnesses may be eligible for coverage and benefits. Here are some common types of injuries that are typically covered:

  1. Physical Injuries: This category includes injuries such as fractures, sprains, strains, back injuries, burns, cuts, and other bodily harm resulting from accidents or incidents that occur in the workplace.

  2. Occupational Illnesses: These are illnesses or diseases that develop over time due to work-related exposure to harmful substances or conditions. Examples include occupational lung diseases, repetitive stress injuries, hearing loss, and occupational illnesses caused by exposure to toxic chemicals or hazardous materials.

  3. Mental Health Conditions: In some cases, work-related stress, trauma, or other psychological factors may lead to mental health conditions that are compensable under workers' compensation. Common examples include work-related anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other stress-related disorders.

  4. Pre-existing Conditions: If a pre-existing condition is aggravated or exacerbated by work activities or conditions, it may be covered under workers' compensation. For example, if a worker has a pre-existing back condition and their job duties worsen the condition, resulting in disability or the need for medical treatment, it may be compensable.

It's important to note that not all injuries or illnesses may be covered, and the specific circumstances of each case can vary. Additionally, it is essential to report any work-related injury or illness promptly to your employer and follow the necessary procedures for filing a workers' compensation claim to determine eligibility for coverage.

If you have suffered a work-related injury or illness in Texas, it is advisable to consult with a qualified workers' compensation attorney or reach out to the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation, for guidance on the specific requirements and processes related to your claim.

23 views0 comments


bottom of page